The question comes with different aspects regarding dental implants. But it cannot be stressful if you have a clear picture of what dental implants are and when you need them. So basically, dental implants are the artificial replacement teeth implanted into your jawbone.
When Do You Need Dental Implants?
To place a whole new tooth inside your bone can be of help only when the previous one is removed from the roots. We often experience broken or crooked teeth at some point in our life because of so many reasons like injuries, traumas, or loss of a tooth from serious infections or severe and deep cavities. In case you encounter these problems, get help from your dentists as this will not only affect your personality and oral health but can also lead to poor eating and jawbones diseases. If you are wondering whether to get dental implants or not, consider the following points:
- Teeth Infections: Infections like periodontal diseases or deep cavities are progressive diseases and spread with time. Severe infections cannot be reversed by getting proper cleaning from the clinic but require surgical removal to avoid pain and complications in the future.
- Missing or Crooked Teeth: If you have a crooked tooth or are facing teeth loss due to some reason then a dental implant is the ultimate rescue to boost up your confidence and to add sparkle to your smile.
- Jawbone is Crooked or Deteriorated: In case of missing teeth or oral infections, jawbones start deteriorating and dissolving. This can also lead to sunken-in skin on the face. Placing teeth at the appropriate position will help you in strengthening the jawbone and can also improve the sinking-in face appearance.
Every Tooth Problem Doesn’t Require a Dental Implant
Remember that every tooth infection or bone problem doesn’t require a dental implant.
- Auto-immune disorders: Auto-immune diseases are due to a poor immune system and its inability to cause an immune response in case of any injuries. Dental implants require healing as the tooth is going to get fused with the bone but a poor immune system leads to improper healing.
- Medication or drug treatments: Some medications also cause poor healing or slow down the process of healing so before getting dental implants must inquire about your medications.
Dental implants are the latest replacement for natural teeth. They boost up confidence and provide a natural look. On the other hand, do not go for dental implants in case of small tooth breakage or cavities which can be easily filled up by your dentist in one sitting. Some cases may not lead to successful implantation like diabetes, auto-immune disease, or drugs. So always get the answers to your questions from an experienced and expert dentist.
*Neither this nor any other content in this media is meant to prescribe, recommend, or prevent any treatment or procedure. We highly recommend that you get the advice of a qualified dentist or other medical practitioners regarding your specific dental condition